Friday 16 March 2012

Error while editing SharePoint file.


Hi,
Today, I'm facing to a pervert error on an Excel file located in the SharePoint Library.
This is the error message that the end-user got :

  
So, I decide to open the document (with Office 2010) and got the same message.
 Then, the file is opened in Protected View :
Then, I choose to "Edit Anyway" :

So, now, let's google a little bit, and the first result is what I need.
First answer is so pertinent, that I test it directly :

  1. Download locally the file on my desktop
  2. Rename the file
  3. Open the renamed file : no more issue
File corruption was the problem.
  1. Delete the file in the SharePoint Library
  2. Upload the new file
  3. Open the file from SharePoint
Now, problem solved.
Thanks to Wayne Fan for the solution, and to PSta for having posted the issue.



That's all folks

No comments:

Post a Comment