Friday 11 May 2012

Data Protection Manager for SharePoint 2010


Today's post will point to a link explaining how DPM SharePoint 2010 is working.

I was asked to recover a single file that was deleted early this month and unfortunately, the versioning is not set.
To recover the file on SharePoint 2007, I need to do those steps :

-          Request a restore of the backup to the SQL Team
-          Mount the restore on our SharePoint 2007 test environment
-          Browse the DB and extract the file
-          Copy the file back in production.

Lot of energy for a single file.

Then, I was asked if I have an idea for our SharePoint 2010 production platform to avoid this kind of issue.
I pointed 2 options:
-          Set the versioning by default
-          Use of Data Protection Manager for SharePoint 2010.

I found a nice blog From The Field explaining the DPM process.


That's all folks


No comments:

Post a Comment